I am a fully licensed self-employed instrumental professional in the City of St. Albert (Alberta).
I offer lessons in acoustic and electric guitar, bass guitar, upright bass, ukulele, and mandolin. I specialise in music theory.
As an Instrumental Instructor, I assisted tuition at Napier University (Scotland), lectured at Motherwell College (Scotland) and taught students in the North Lanarkshire (Scotland) school district for almost a decade, where I was responsible for preparing music pupils for their practical exams and for their development as musicians – in both individual and group settings, before moving to Canada and establishing a teaching practice in St. Albert. I have experience in teaching all age groups and ability levels – from as young as eight to senior citizens; from beginners to advanced, University undergraduate pupils.
My instructional rates are very competitive, with discounts available for full- and half-year students. Gift certificates are also available, in fully customizable denominations.
I have a fresh and energetic approach to music, and a passion to continue learning and passing on my acquired skills to other generations of musicians.
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Jazz Music Performance and Light Music.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music (BA)
- Approximately 70 modules, from Record Production to Research & Management Skills
- Informal Open Learning qualifications in Music Business and Musical Composition
- Private study with bass guitar tutors Pete Honeyman and Scottish National Jazz Orchestra bassist Mario Lima Caribe
- Study of Composition with John Kielehor, Commercial Composition and Arranging with Kennedy Aichison, Composition and Arranging for Big Band with Adrian Dover, and Score Copying with Pamela McLean